Monday, May 9, 2011

IMMIGRANT DAUGHTER 71

I have arrived safe and sound from a delightful passage of time in the present day. But want to tell you about some of the other enjoyable times in my life. We grew up with rules in the household, in the nation and in school. We also were taught not to speak unless spoken to.

No wonder our nation is going rampant against authority. We the people are allowing others to tear down our principles. As I listened and watched the nightly news I was shocked at some of the things I heard. It seems this future election is bringing  the worst people out in front. We worked every election we would  in the polls or by our support of our party candidate.  Here is  one of my favorites.  

reagan

How do these people who are objecting to our constitution think they got the privilege to object in the first place?  I shudder when I think that they want to give illegals the right to vote. They have no right even to be here. We should start collecting them up and put them out to sea in the vicinity of where the pirates are.

Now, I know this is extreme, but its’ time we called a halt to letting a few disgruntles trying to change the rules to suit themselves. We are a nation of the people, by the people and for the people. No matter what our age we better start getting involved.

Getting back to my story. Carl decided to run for a local office when we lived in Little Rock  long time ago.

carl working in cloverdale

carl for city manager

We always registered to vote no matter where we lived. In fact there was one place we lived when I registered They had to get the book out of moth balls so that I could sign it. Of course you realize I am exaggerated a bit. We always wanted to be a part of the community we lived in. I remember when we lived in Guam I we had absentee ballots. We were proud to be American.

My father was in politics and I can remember in the restaurant he would argue with his customers frequently. The “never argued with the customer” did not apply here. Carl and I were on the other side than he, but he never tried to convert us.

My mom and dad had a house on Pleasant Street that was two stories with an attic and a basement. We had lots of room to run up and down the stairs. It had a crystal chandelier that five layers of hanging crystals attached to a five sided sliver plated frame. We always seem to take our pictures under it.  Here in this picture is my three sisters and my uncle George.

chandellier

My oldest sister is in the middle and I think she was nineteen years old. They belonged to the Eastern Star and I remembered wanting to join when I was old enough. The evening gowns were beautiful.

The next picture is of the four of us when I was old enough. The picture also includes a picture on the wall of mom who had died when I was twelve. My dad was proud indeed on how we turned out.

four sisters eastern star

Memories are great to go back to. And until next time I am, Immigrant Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment